Metal Paint, Patinas & Gilding: Decorative Finishes for Woodturning
Classes are on going call or email to register
Course Description: (Class size is limited - Reserve your space early )
Explore the world of Decorative finishes and learn the step-by-step process to applying a variety of decorative finishes and textures to your Woodturning work.
Carmen De La Paz started in the construction and design world as a decorative painter and has discovered many of those finishes work wonderfully to add depth and dimension to her woodturning work. Packing a ton of information into this demonstration, Carmen encourages your process and discloses tips & tricks to help you discover the endless possibilities when taking your lathe work to the next level through finishes and textures.
Finishes and Textures covered in this demo include: Metal Paints & Patinas – from Wrought Iron paint to Copper Verde-Gris, Silver & Gold Leaf Gilding, Rub-on metal. Students will apply all the finishes to their actual pieces.
- Ability to stand for 2 - 3 hours and focus on both lecture and hands-on practice
Day #1: Friday Evening: 5 pm – 9 pm
Meet & Greet
- Carmen De La Paz Demonstration of her favorite finishes and a sneak peak at some of the textures you will learn.
Day #2 Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
Getting Started in Woodturning:
- Safety Rules – Safety Equipment, Safety Wear, Safety First!
- How does the machine work – all moving pieces – to work the machine you must know the machine
- Mounting a piece of wood on the lathe
- Our first twirl and wood curls!
- Spindle work & Introduction to Roughing Gouge, Parting Tool & Spindle Gouge
Day #3 Sunday: 9 am – 6 pm
Hands – on! Woodturning: Make a Project
- Starting from Scratch – mounting the wood
- Introduction of a woodturning chuck
- Creating the foot for your chuck mount
- Spindle creations 1 & 2
For more information on this course or to register please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 818|925.8065